While I continue to wait in anticipatory delight for my next haven, I thought I’d give you a tour of my prior master bedroom sanctuary! Along with showcasing our DIY projects, below I share pictures as well as where I purchased some of the items. Down the road I’ll share the instructions for making My Faux DIY Floating Shelf that my husband built and stained to match the headboard as well as My DIY Aluminum Lanterns shown on the side table next to the chevron slipper chair below. And if you haven’t seen My Geometric Print DIY Canvas Wall Art project, it’s not to late!
But first: can I get a hand for my hubby who painted all the white doors and trim black and cut and installed all of the crown molding (learning how to do it on the job–including the mitered corners)! Then, together we painted the walls and if interested, I’ll tell you all the details in an upcoming post called My Paint Technique ~ Yikes, Stripes!.
It’s hard to pick my favorite part of this room, but I would say my favorite possession in the space is the funky pendant lamp (shown above) that I picked up at the Metropolitan Museum of Art (MOMA) Design Store when I was in NYC on a girls’ trip with several of my female family members! The girls had all taken an earlier flight back to Nebraska and I stuck around to spend the day at the MOMA before catching a flight back to Kansas. I have such vivid memories of how proud I was navigating the Subway system and the city, exploring 5th Avenue, the MOMA and more in my last hours before leaving one of my fave U.S. cities!
Where I shopped:
- Bedroom Set and Lamps ~ Nebraska Furniture Mart
- Mirrored Jewelry Armoire ~ JC Penney
- Bedding ~ Z. Gallerie
- Small Decorative Pillows ~ Target (“Global Bizarre”, circa 2006) and Macy’s
- Dresser Accessories ~ Z. Gallerie
- Aluminum Printed Wall Art Set ~ Bed Bath & Beyond
- Reed Diffusers on Shelf ~ Hallmark
- CD/iPod/iPhone Charging Clock ~ Sony Rewards
- Steel Globe on Night Stand ~ Target (“Global Bizarre”, circa 2006)
- Cylindrical Art on Night Stand ~ Metropolitan Museum of Art (MOMA)
- Curtains and Rods ~ Bed Bath & Beyond
- Orange Lacquered Decorative Box on Night Stand ~ Home Goods (but identical box is sold at Z. Gallerie if you can’t find them at Home Goods anymore)
- Candle on Night Stand ~ Victoria’s Secret
- Funky White Pendant Lamp ~ Metropolitan Museum of Art (MOMA)
- Chevron Chair ~ Target.com (but identical chair is sold at Z. Gallerie if you can’t find it online at Target.com)
- Black Side Table ~ Target
- Circle Mirror ~ Hobby Lobby
- Television ~ Target
- DIY Aluminum Lanterns ~ Me
- DIY Geometric Print Canvas Wall Art ~ Me
- DIY Faux Floating Shelf ~ Hubby
- Crown Molding and Painted Black Trim and Doors ~ Hubby
- Painted Walls and Stripes ~ Hubby and Me
To view my post on My Geometric Print DIY Canvas Wall Art, click here.